September 24, 2014 | Posted by Kristen the designer
We are on a roll this week and could not be more excited to share another free printable with our blog community! These adorable downloads are folded, 5×7 birthday cards perfect for a friend or loved one celebrating. Download one of the 2 designs with the corresponding links below. Remember, the outside line is for trimming, and the center line is for scoring so the card will fold in half! Also, with all printables we recommend you use a thicker card stock for printing.
September 23, 2014 | Posted by Kristen the designer
Continuing with our birthday week celebration, we have a fun little DIY on the blog today! This super easy project cost less then $10 to make and in total took less then an hour to assemble. It’s that easy! It’s also the perfect craft if you are in need of a way to display yummy bake goods. Directions below!
1 – Glass Plate (Dollar Store)
2 – Glass Candle Holder (Dollar Store)
3 – White Spray Paint (Krylon works great on glass and they sell the “Short Cuts” size for small projects)
4 – Strong Adhesive (I used Goop, but you could also use E-6000 or something similar)
First gather all your materials along with some newspaper or scrap paper to spray paint on. Be sure to spray paint either outside or with the windows/doors open has the fumes can be strong. Coat all sides of both the plate and the candle stick holder, allowing sections to dry before flipping either. Let it dry thoroughly! I spray painted my pieces and then mounted, although you could also mount and then spray…up to you!
With the plate now dry and facing down, coat the top rim of the candle stick holder with adhesive. Place in the center of the plate. I also put a heavy object on top of the candle holder to help the setting process. Again, allow the bond to dry! Do not remove or pick up too soon as the glue needs time to set.
Make something yummy to go on the cake stand! Also, you can find an acrylic spray to seal the stand, or simply be sure to create a barrier between the item and the top of the stand. I used wax paper, but you could also use a paper napkin or doily just to be safe.
Stay tuned for another fun DIY post this Thursday, along with free downloads and printables throughout the week!
August 29, 2014 | Posted by Kristen the designer
We are sending red, white and blue wishes for a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. In need of some tasty treats? Try one of these fabulous finds below:
Clockwise from top left: Fruit Salsa | Purple Potato Pizza | Spectacular Sangria | Red, White and Blue Chex Mix | Grilled Tomato and Mozarella Sandwiches | Red Velvet Pancakes |
Happy Friday Everyone!
Happy 4th of July!
Sending red, white, and blue wishes for a happy and safe 4th of July!...
July 11, 2014 | Posted by Erin McManness
1. Pre-scoop ice cream, roll in toppings, stick it with a craft spoon, and freeze for easy serving!
2. We love these DIY Popsicle Invites, perfect for a summer party! Learn how to make them here.
3. Why have 1 pinata when everyone can have their own? Genius? We think so.
4. Use washi tape or paper to create drink flags for your guests to personalize with their name. These flags are adorable, and did we mention that there is a summery cocktail recipe included?
5. A refreshing watermelon salad with feta and mint is perfect for a warm evening!
6. Lastly, don’t forget to spruce up your decor with bright napkins and serveware. Oh Joy!’s Collection for Target is one of our favorites.
* Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more party inspiration!
June 6, 2014 | Posted by Kristen the designer
1. The Glip Oil-Less Air Fryer for the chef in your family. 2. Handy tool pens! 3. Super yummy BBQ Pecans. 4. This comic book is not only fun to read, but is embedded with seeds in the pages and can be planted after reading! 5. For the stylish Dad, this stunning Terra Time watch. 6. Repurposed record coasters for the music fan. 7. Chic spikeless golf shoes from Nike.