Contribute to BlogGuidelines for Submitting to the Blog
The NAPCP blog connects the world’s most talented child photographers with parents yearning for high-quality family artwork created with a personal touch. In a single, visually stimulating place, NAPCP members can effectively showcase their skill and creativity for prospective clients who can easily select them from an up-to-date membership directory. In short, the NAPCP blog is the central source of inspiration and connection for child photography. Please make sure to read through the full submission guidelines below before submitting.
TYPES OF CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Session shares
- Stylized Sessions
- Helpful Articles (Can be geared towards parents or fellow photographers)
- Nursery features
- Event Shares (Birthday Party, Baby Shower, etc)
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTING POSTS:
- All blog posts will be contributed by NAPCP Members or occasional Guest Contributors
- Posts cannot be written with sole intention of self-promotion
- We are looking for articles that:
- Educate Parents about our unique industry
- Provide fresh and fun content that engages our readers
- Photos must be of EXCELLENT quality and should be submitted based on the following:
- resolution of 72dpi
- 700px along the longest edge
- no logos or watermarks
- no borders (images bleed to the full size)
- vertical images should be paired together (if sent separately we will pair them)
- When submitting be sure to include a suggested title for your post
When submitting an article be sure to include the proposed text and 3-5 images to accompany your post. If you feel the article requires more then 5 images you are welcome to send additional photos. If you are interested in submitting an article but would like a list of current suggested topics please email us at email@example.com.
When submitting for either a stylized shoot or an event share be sure to include a brief description with any relevant details or information about the session for readers. This can be the inspiration behind the shoot/event, special did bits and behind the scenes notes. Also be sure to include a list of any collaborators featured in the photos (designers, artists, stylists, etc).
Session shares should be submitted with a minimum of 8-12 photos and accompanied by the following completed survey:
- Favorite Element
- Biggest Challenge
- Final Thoughts
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “NAPCP Blog Submission – Your Name – Date.” If you are not a NAPCP member and interested in contributing let us know. You will receive a follow up email once we have received your submission. If you have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact us!