meet the NAPCP TEAM
Founders/CEO/Creative DirectorAlice & Kyu Park
Alice is a passionate creative who loves photographing childhood, planning meaningful events, and dreaming big. Kyu is a an entrepreneur who believes in living a life full of integrity and serving others. Since starting Alice Park Photography in 2006, Alice and Kyu’s business has blossomed into one of the premier boutique studios in Buckhead and the Atlanta area. They consider themselves to be especially blessed having the freedom to run a business they love while raising their two young children, Lyon and Elise.
In 2009, the couple’s love for the photography industry sparked them to create the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) – bringing together a community of passionate artists committed to growth in their craft and this unique industry. The thriving organization is their way of giving back to the global network of specialized child photographers that have supported Alice and Kyu so kindly over the years.
- My philosophy is: Live of a life of integrity, meaning and love. (Both)
- I prefer not to share my: weight! (Alice)
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: rock my babies to sleep. Best thing ever. (Alice)
- I can't live without: Our two children. (Both)
- Reading: Story books that contain lots of "Mooooo's" and "Quack Quack's" currently! (Both)
- Watching: Laughing hysterically to Jimmy Fallon (Alice)
- Eating/drinking too much: coffee. (Both)
- My favorite quote is: "The things you are passionate about are not
random. They are your calling." - Fabienne Fredrickson
Marketing DirectorCrystal James
Crystal is our Marketing Director and champions our outreach efforts in the community and child photography industry. In her previous life, she spent 12+ years in Sales & Marketing for Renaissance Hotels & Resorts. Throwing the corporate world aside, she opted to spend more time at home with her family and pursue her entrepreneurial dream of having her own business – which just so happened to involve photography. After 8+ years of owning and running Tiny Heart Studios, she is focusing more of her time and talent to build and grow NAPCP and turn her photography skills towards more charitable efforts. In her free time, you’ll find Crystal spending time with her family & friends, reading up on the clean food movement, and playing tennis.
- My philosophy is: It's all about love.
- I prefer not to share my: Dessert
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: Drink coffee
- Can't live without: My iPhone
- Reading: Too many self-help articles.
- Watching: Suits
- Eating too much of: Chocolate covered almonds.
- Favorite quote is: "No amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future."
Social Media MavenLisa Phillipson
Lisa coordinates NAPCP Social Media efforts and loves to share the great things that are happening within our organization. She has also been operating her own portrait photography business for the last 8 years and loves to share her experience in business and root for the success and growth of our members. When not working or driving her three children around town, you will find her playing tennis and lunching with friends.
- My philosophy is: Work Hard, Play Hard
- I prefer not to share my: Reese's Peanutbutter Cups
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: Take Naps
- Can't live without: My iPhone and lipstick
- Reading: Liane Moriarty
- Watching: Downton Abbey
- Eating too much of: Ice Cream
- Favorite quote is: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Editorial ManagerKatie Mitchell
Katie, our Editorial Manager, is our wordsmith and communications extraordinaire! After college and graduate school, she worked in the nonprofit world, and briefly in politics. She realized she’d be quickly burned out, and started writing for various lifestyle websites. Before landing at NAPCP, Katie shot product photography for Etsy shops and other small business owners. Katie also works with Pinterest, as a member of their Pinfluencer team. She is passionate about making the world a happier, more beautiful place! Katie lives for her husband and two children, updating their totally 90’s home, and finding joy in the small things. Even washing dishes.
- My philosophy is: Grace
- I prefer not to share my: Shampoo
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: Sunbathe
- Can't live without: My family
- Reading: A Little Princess, to our 3 year-old.
- Watching: Nashville
- Eating too much of: Clementines
- Favorite quote is: "The real things haven't changed. It is still best
to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with
simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." (Laura Ingalls
Lead DesignerKristen Smith
Kristen Smith is a graphic designer and illustrator residing in Augusta, GA with her fiance Jon-Michael and two fur babies, Desmond and Penelope. She knew from a very young age that she wanted to do something creative and began taking design classes in high school. After receiving a BFA in Graphic Design from the University of Georgia, she worked hard to establish a freelance career and officially launched her own company in 2011. Kristen is an award-winning designer, a celebrated creative for Minted.com, and has been working with NAPCP since it’s inception in 2009. She has a passion for fresh and beautiful designs with subtle feminine hints and a dash of whimsy. Her passion for design is rivaled only by her passion for animals. She has been an avid animal rights supporter for many years and presently works with a local rescue organization fostering and rehabilitating cats. When she is not designing or sketching, you can find her crafting or in the garden! She is also an entertainment junkie and watches entirely too many movies and television shows. Kristen looks forward to the extraordinary possibilities each new day brings!
- My philosophy is: Love what you do, do what you love!
- I prefer not to share my: sketchpad
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: eat candy!
- Can't live without: La Croix fizzy water
- Reading: A Game of Thrones
- Watching: Project Runway, The Mindy Project
- Eating too much of: Popcorn!
- Favorite quote is: "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare
Director of EducationKara Webb
Kara is a formally trained science teacher who taught middle and high school for several years. She’s been on numerous curriculum writing teams, spoken at national conferences, and was named the Rookie Science Teacher of the Year in her home state of Texas. Six years ago she took time off from teaching to build her photography business and spend more time with her family, but education continues to be one of her passions. She’s very excited to fuse her love for photography and education together through NAPCP.
When Kara’s not working, you’ll find her spending time with her three young children, gardening, or enjoying a glass of wine.
- My philosophy is: Live each day as if it’s your last
- I prefer not to share my: toothbrush! And pillows
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to:drink vanilla lattes
- Can't live without:lip moisturizer
- Reading: The Name of the Wind via Audible
- Watching: children play in the cul-de-sac during the day, House Hunters International at night
- Eating too much of: chocolate
- Favorite quote is: God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain. But He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
Member CoordinatorWhitney Elizabeth
Whitney is our Member Coordinator and has worked behind the scenes for over two years to strengthen community outreach, coordinate new and existing memberships, and cultivate fabulous learning resources for photographers of every level. During college Whitney decided that her Econ degree could be put to better use by pursuing her passion of documenting relationships and running a business that she loves rather than forecast futures and conduct economic analysis. These days you’ll find Whitney taking her dog on long walks and planning spontaneous road trips around North America.
- My philosophy is: Make things happen
- I prefer not to share my: Armrest
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to: Binge watch the TV show Friends while eating boatloads of popcorn
- Can't live without: Chapstick
- Reading: Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls
- Watching: Homeland
- Eating too much of: Dark Chocolate with Mint
- Favorite quote is: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Design Production AssistantDeanne Mroz
Deanne is a graphic designer and photographer. She graduated in 2005 from Northern Illinois University with a BFA in Visual Communication . Before joining the NAPCP team, Deanne worked at a small advertising agency for ten years where she grew as an artist. She also started her own small photography business in 2010 and has a passion for photographing children and documenting life. Currently, she is working for NAPCP as the Design Production Assistant and is excited for new opportunities to bring her love of design and photography together. Deanne resides in the Chicagoland area with her husband and three year old son. When she is not working, you can find her photographing or doing multiple home improvement projects.
- My philosophy is: Everything happens for a reason.
- I prefer not to share my:Straw
- I know I shouldn't, but I still love to:Watch reruns of Dawson’s Creek
- Can't live without:The people I love.
- Reading: Orange Is The New Black
- Watching: Shameless, Chicago Fire, and Orange Is The New Black
- Eating too much of: Dark Chocolate Almond Bark Thins
- Favorite quote is: “Life is like photography. You need the negatives to develop.” - Ziad K. Abdeinour