Contest Rules & Regulations
ABOUT THE CONTEST
The National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) recognizes the accomplishments and creative excellence of child and family photographers in the industry. The purpose of this contest is to encourage creative excellence and support the growth of the niche of child and family photography.
Nominees must meet the following guidelines to be considered for final voting:
- Photographer nominee must have a professional online presence and working website that includes child and family photography.
- Finalists must be able to provide a copy of a valid business license and Tax ID number as legal proof of running a business.
- Nominee must have been running a professional photography business for 2 years or less.
Guidelines and Contest Details:
- Each person may nominate any number of photographers that meet the qualification guidelines during the open nomination process of June 1-8, 2018. Nominations will close at 11:59pm EST on June 8, 2018.
- Photographers may NOT nominate themselves, but may be nominated by anyone else.
- All nominations will be reviewed by NAPCP and semi-finalists will be announced the week of June 12th.
- Independent panel of judges will review semi-finalists and select the top 6 finalists for public voting via NAPCP website.
- The winner of the contest will be selected based on public voting through NAPCP website June 19-24, 2018.
- Employees and family of NAPCP and sponsor companies will be ineligible for this contest.
Winner will receive more than $2000 value in prizes:
- All Access Pass to PPA Imaging Convention (provided by ShootProof)
- Fundy Light Suite – 1 Year
- ShootProof Account – 1 Year
- Musea – One Matted & Framed Print of Choice
- NAPCP Membership – 2 Years
- One Hour Mentoring Session with Alice Park – Co-Founder of NAPCP
- One Hour Mentoring Session with Rob Greer – Photographer & SEO Expert
- Digital Seal for Website – Best New Emerging Child Photographer 2018
- Promotion from NAPCP, ShootProof, and sponsors on all Social Media and online websites
Criteria that will be considered during selection of semi-finalists and finalists:
- Professional online portfolio of work with a unique style and creative vision
- Passionate, with the ability to inspire
- Strives to learn and foster best business practices
- Exhibits a commitment to community
Image Release and Use
Legal Disclaimer: Finalists agree that any entered photograph may be used by the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP), in any of its publications, printed materials or electronic media, such as but not limited to, any of its websites or its affiliates’ web sites. Model releases must be available for all recognizable individuals in submitted photos. Do not submit these releases unless requested.
Submitted images, and any images or video taken during trip to Atlanta, may be used in connection with the contest and by NAPCP and/or contest sponsors for promotion in the future. Thus, finalists grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, limited license to use, publish, reproduce, display, distribute, use for promotional purposes and cross-promotional purposes. Photographer retains all copyright for the images they submit to NAPCP.
NAPCP, at its sole discretion, has the right to disqualify any nominee for any reason.