About The NAPCP Inspired Gallery Event
The NAPCP Inspired Gallery Event is an exclusive event dedicated to the art of photography. Since its founding, the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) has promoted and supported the artistry and integrity of professional child photographers. NAPCP has continued to grow and bring together a community of passionate artists committed to advancing their skills, their artistry, and their businesses.
The purpose of this event is to inspire the creativity of NAPCP members and photographers around the world, while also providing an environment of collaboration and education. Entering your work into the NAPCP Inspired Gallery Event provides you with the freedom to express your most creative self and elevate your craft.
A limited number of 100 entries will be accepted by NAPCP for inclusion in this exclusive Inspired Gallery Event. Please note: this is NOT a digital competition. Entrants must send a matted print meeting the guidelines and deadlines listed below to be scored by our judges the day of the Gallery Event. You do not have to be present to win. Please see information below regarding the option of using our partner, Musea Lab, for fulfillment and shipping.
- A limited number of 100 entries will be accepted by NAPCP for inclusion in this exclusive Gallery Event; NAPCP members will be given priority. NAPCP members may enter up to 3 images for the Gallery Event. Non-members may enter a maximum of 2 images. The entrant has sole discretion to choose the the creative category that best suits the image being entered. Each entry will be judged based on the category in which it is submitted.
- Entries must be the complete and original photographic work of the entrant. This includes overall concept, posing, capture, exposure, and all post processing. Third party presets and actions may be used by entrant to enhance the quality of an image (color, contrast, skin tone, etc) as long as they do not add elements that did not exist in the original image. Purchased texture screens are allowed as long as entering the image in the competition doesn’t violate the copyright of the artist who created the texture. Images that are a result of a workshop, seminar, or under the guidance of an instructor are not eligible for competition. Any eligible image may be entered with the exception of images that have previously placed first, second, or third place in the NAPCP International Image Competitions. Entrants that attend the event may take their printed submissions home no earlier than Friday, April 28, 2017 at 2:00 PM EST.
- If any entry submitted is a result of multiple images to create a final composite image, all images used must be the original work of the entrant. No purchased elements or stock images that are not of the entrant’s original creation (including skies, trees, buildings, or other objects) should be used by the entrant to create the final image (refer to #2 for additional details). All original image layers used for composite may be requested by NAPCP. Failure to submit all original images in a timely manner will result in immediate disqualification of the entrant’s submission. No refunds will be given.
- All entries must be unique compared to your other submissions. No two entries should resemble each other (with the same subject or scene, with a similar pose, location, lighting).
- Images must not include entrant’s name, logo, or signature. Judges will only see the title displayed with the image when scoring.
- Images that violate copyright, trademark, or other applicable laws will be disqualified.
- Entrant must have a model release for any recognizable person in submitted entries and submit said release to NAPCP upon request.
- Mat Size Guidelines: Final print submissions must be presented in a mat measuring 16×20 inches (measured on the outside edge of the mat). The mat should be bright white or similar in color. The outer edge of the Mat must fit the 16×20 inch guidelines, no exceptions.
- Print Size Guidelines: The final size of all entries must be 16×20 inches INCLUDING the mat. All prints should measure AT LEAST 8 inches on the shortest side. For example, an 8×12 print on a 16×20 mat would be acceptable, but 7×9 image would not. Also, an 8×8 printed image on a 16×20 mat would fit the guidelines, but a 5×10 image would not. Prints may be displayed in the mat however an entrant would like to creatively display them, as long as the mat fits the measurement guidelines (#8 above) and all layers of the mat are white in color. The depth of the final submission including all materials, should not exceed one half inch. Frames are not allowed.
- Submissions should be saved in JPEG format for online submission by 11:59 PM EST on April 13, 2017 at the category links below. Images must fit into canvas size of 2000 pixels (longest side) by 1000 pixels (shortest side). Any size image in this range will qualify. It is the entrant’s responsibility to submit the MATCHING matted print to NAPCP by the print deadline. No refunds will be given if a submission is paid for online, and the subsequent matted print does not arrive by the deadline given for the event.
- Digital Submissions should be titled: LastName_FirstName_CurrentYear_Title. For example: Doe_Jane_2017_SimpleThings. Judges WILL NOT see the digital files or artist names when judging. Only the final matted print submission will be scored.
Deadlines & Fees
- Important deadlines are as follows:
a. March 9, 2017 at 9:00 AM EST – Online registration open for NAPCP members only
b. March 13, 2017 – Online registration open for non-members
c. April 6, 2017 @ 11:59pm EST – Online Registration for Gallery Submissions closed.
d. April 6, 2017 @ 5:00 PM EST – Deadline for order fulfillment with Musea Lab (optional)
e. April 13, 2017 @ 11:59 PM EST – Digital image(s) must be submitted online at the category submission links below.
f. April 13, 2017 @ 8:00 PM – DEADLINE FOR ALL MATTED PRINTS TO ARRIVE ACCORDING TO SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS. Prints MUST MATCH the digital images submitted. Changes or unmatched images will be disqualified.
- Submissions are $35 each (member) and $70 each (non-member). Matting and printing the image(s) for entry into the Gallery Event is the responsibility of the entrant and is not included in the submission price. NAPCP will not be printing or matting images. Please see below for information about our partner, Musea Lab, for your matting and printing service. Entrants will also have the option to have their physical images shipped back to them for a fee. Entrants that attend the event may take their printed submissions home no earlier than Friday, April 28th at 2:00 PM EST.
- Deadline for entries shall be published on the NAPCP website and listed above. Late entries will not be accepted.
- All entries will be displayed in the Inspired Gallery and scored by our judges in person prior to the Gallery Reception and announcement of winners.
- Entries shall be displayed in a gallery setting with only the title visible (no names). Three Judges, selected by NAPCP, will view them in person and score each image.
- The Inspired Gallery Event will be scored as follows:
a. Each image will receive a score from each of three judges in a range of 1 through 5. Total score possible for any image is 15.
b. A score of 1 would be defined as: No Impact, Seen Before, Technically Poor. A score of 5 would be considered Best in Show and defined as Highly Impactful/Creative, Never Seen Before, Technically Perfect.
- Submission Categories and coordinating submission links are listed below. This is a creative competition, and the subject matter is at the sole discretion of the entrant. You may also enter an optional “Artist Statement” in the File Description with your entry (250 character maximum). The artist statement will not be viewable when judges are scoring images.
a. Wonder – Upload link: https://goo.gl/YyWuFb
b. Light – Upload link: https://goo.gl/5LPqFR
c. Motion – Upload link: https://goo.gl/B0Niv6
- First, Second, and Third place will be awarded for each category based on the highest scoring image for each category above. Winners will be announced at the Inspired Gallery Reception. In the event of a tie, scores of all placed images in that category will be weighted for recalculation. Score of 5 will be weighted more than 4 (etc) for a new total calculation to determine the top three winners for each category. Any further tie will be decided at the sole discretion of the judges and NAPCP.
- Winners will be featured in a full spread of our NAPCP Inspired Magazine; they will also receive a digital Winning Badge for their website, blog posts and additional social media promotion by NAPCP and sponsors.
Additional Details and Information
Submission Deadline – Prints must be RECEIVED by 8:00 PM EST on April 13, 2017
Shipping via FedEx or United States Postal Service (USPS):
Park Studios / NAPCP
690 Miami Circle NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Shipping via UPS:
1119 Reeder Circle NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
Entry fee(s) must be paid in full at time of registration. The matted print must reach NAPCP by the deadline of April 13th at 8:00 PM EST. The digital file (matching the printed image) must be submitted by 11:59pm EST April 13, 2017 at the category links above. Failing to submit your digital file by the deadline may cause disqualification of your printed submission. Late print entries will not be accepted and no refunds will be given for entries not received in print by the entrant by the published deadline. NAPCP will not print or mat images for this event. NAPCP will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged prints during shipping. It is recommended to use a trackable shipping service, or our partner, Musea Lab.
Matting & Printing Gallery Event Submissions
It is the responsibility of the entrant to print, mat and ship entries to NAPCP for this event. As a benefit and convenience to our members (International and Domestic), Musea Lab is offering a 15% discount on matting, printing and shipping services for the NAPCP Inspired Gallery Event. If your image is submitted to Musea Lab by the deadline listed and payment made in full to Musea, it will be produced and shipped for on-time arrival to NAPCP for this event. The cost of printing, matting, and shipping gallery entries is NOT included with the entry fee.
Image Release and Use
Legal Disclaimer: Entrants agree that any entered photograph may be used by the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP), in any of its publications, printed materials or electronic media, such as but not limited to, any of its websites or its affiliates’ websites. Model releases must be available for all recognizable individuals in submitted photos. Do not submit these releases unless requested.
Winning entries may be used in connection with the Gallery Event and by NAPCP for promotion in the future. Thus, winners grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, limited license to use, publish, reproduce, display, distribute, use for promotional purposes and cross-promotional purposes. Photographer retains all copyright for the images.