November 21, 2014 | Posted by Erin McManness | filed in: Food & Such, Fun Essentials
We are so excited for Thanksgiving here at NAPCP, and we are so thankful for our incredible members and readers! We’ve put together a few Thanksgiving Traditions, DIYs, and ideas for your holiday today! And did you check out our Thanksgiving Placecard Free Printable?
We love these traditions:
1. The Turkey: This blogpost from Design Mom is a super helpful, step-by-step guide for brining and preparing your Thanksgiving Turkey! Gobble gobble!
2. Does your family go around the table and say what they’re thankful for? This cute printable booklet from Oh Happy Day is a perfect favor for your guests!
3. We’re already drooling over this stunning Pumpkin Pie! Get the recipe here!
4. What would Thanksgiving be without the Pilgrims and the Indians? These Free Printable Crowns are an easy and fun craft for your kids!
And as always, our NAPCP Pinterest Boards are brimming with DIYs, Printables, Recipes, and Inspiration! Be sure to follow us on Pinterest!
Be Thankful DIY Tote Bag!
NAPCP will be continuing its celebration of thankfulness with a few free goodies for everyone on...
November 20, 2014 | Posted by Kristen Smith | filed in: Fun Essentials
Click here to read our November newsletter!
November 19, 2014 | Posted by Erin McManness | filed in: Fun Essentials
Our NAPCP Retreat to Whistler, British Columbia is now only 2 months away! Have you registered yet? Join us for an snow-filled retreat of learning from one another!
In preparing for our trip, here is an adorable Birch Ornament DIY from Design Mom! Not only will these get you in the woodsy spirit, you can use them as tags for your Christmas gifts! For more inspiration, be sure to visit the 2015 NAPCP Retreat Pinboard!
Photo Credit: Design Mom
November 18, 2014 | Posted by Kristen Smith | filed in: Fashion, Fun Essentials
NAPCP will be continuing its celebration of thankfulness with a few free goodies for everyone on the blog this week. Today’s freebie is a hand lettered iron on transfer that is perfect for adding to a blank canvas tote, but can also be sported on T-shirts, pillows, napkins…pretty much whatever your little heart desires!
Along with the iron on transfer PDF below, we have included a 5×7 version that can be framed and used on the mantle or Thanksgiving table! If you need a quick reminder on how to setup and use an iron on transfer, check out this post here!
be thankful print(5×7)
be thankful tote
November 17, 2014 | Posted by Erin McManness | filed in: Photography, Session Shares
An Atmospheric Greenhouse Maternity and Toddler Session:
1. Inspiration: The Secret Garden, Sally Mann, my client’s encouragement to “be creative”, and memories of photographing my best friend at this location when I was in high school.
2. Favorite Element: The misted lens (probably not healthy for it, but oh well…)
3. Biggest Challenge: 2 year old subject. They are just in a phase where you have to follow what they want to do! Even subtle encouragement or full out bribery doesn’t really work!
4. Final Thoughts: I just love that this client wanted something different, and that we were able to have fun exploring this magical place – Wellesley College’s Botanical Gardens. The beautiful morning light didn’t hurt either. But really, I was granted freedom to experiment which allowed me to feel creative again, and that was really special.
We absolutely adored these images from Elizabeth’s session! Check out her work on her website, on Facebook, and on Instagram!