Alice is a passionate creative who loves photographing childhood, planning meaningful events, and dreaming big. Kyu is a an entrepreneur who believes in living a life full of integrity and serving others. Since starting Alice Park Photography in 2006, Alice and Kyu’s business has blossomed into one of the premier boutique studios in Buckhead and the Atlanta area. They consider themselves to be especially blessed having the freedom to run a business they love while raising their two young children, Lyon and Elise.
In 2009, the couple’s love for the photography industry sparked them to create the National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) – bringing together a community of passionate artists committed to growth in their craft and this unique industry. The thriving organization is their way of giving back to the global network of specialized child photographers that have supported Alice and Kyu so kindly over the years.
My philosophy is:
Live of a life of integrity, meaning and love. (Both)
I prefer not to share my:
I know I shouldn’t, but I still love to:
Rock my babies to sleep. Best thing ever. (Alice)
I can’t live without:
Our two children. (Both)
Story books that contain lots of “Mooooo’s” and “Quack Quack’s” currently! (Both)
Laughing hysterically to Jimmy Fallon (Alice)
Eating/drinking too much:
My favorite quote is:
“The things you are passionate about are not random. They are your calling.” – Fabienne Fredrickson
Deanne is a Chicago based designer and photographer. In 2005, she graduated from Northern Illinois University with a BFA in Visual Communication. Before joining the NAPCP team in 2016, Deanne worked in advertising, honing her skills in web, print, motion graphics, and email marketing. In 2010, she purchased her first DSLR and dedicated herself to learning as much as she could about photography (which she was always passionate about but never pursued). Later that year, Deanne started Deanne Mroz Photography and began photographing families and children professionally.
After she was laid off from her “real job” in 2015, Deanne took the opportunity to pursue her dreams and embarked on a never-ending journey of self-employment. She now works as lead designer for NAPCP, where she brings together her love for photography and design to help other professional child photographers learn more and grow their businesses. Deanne also does freelance design work for small businesses, and photo editing for photographers in the NAPCP community. In 2018, Deanne began moderating for Shoot Along, a community in which she helps new photographers learn to use their DSLRs to capture those important moments in life and take better photos of their kids. She loves nothing more than seeing the students grow throughout the year!
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1. In 2010, I was the Grand Prize Winner of the Amazon Kindle Commercial Contest, an internationally recognized achievement through which I won $15K in Amazon gift cards. This was a turning point in my life, and the reason I purchased my first DSLR and began my photography journey.
2. I LOVE oil painting. The smell of the paint & turpentine makes me so happy. I don’t have time to paint anymore but I used to spend hours and hours painting large landscapes. I still have a dedicated space in my home for painting, but now my son uses it as his art studio. When my kids grow up, I plan to take up oil painting again.
3. I love to document my life. Videos, iPhone photos, through the lens of my DSLR … it doesn’t really matter! I have a personal blog where I try to post photos and little tidbits of information about my kids’ lives, for them to look back on someday. In 2019, I hope to have more time to create fun videos of our family.
4. I have a passion for photography because, since having kids, I’ve realized it is the one and only creative outlet that I can take with me everywhere, share with my kids, and engage in every day. I’ve recently discovered a love for photo projects, which help me stay fresh and look at the world in new ways. Over the last few years I completed 3 different photo projects. #100daysofhimandher was my first project; I took a photo of my husband and I for 100 days in a row. #100daysofhimandherpart2 followed shortly after and documented a photo of my children together for 100 days in a row. After completing the second project, I was ready to take on my first 365 project in 2018, which I recently completed.
5. I hate nothing more than paperwork. School papers, bills, important documents … seeing stacks of paper and having to file gives me anxiety.
After graduating from Florida State University with a B.S in Interior Design at the end of 2008, she began working with professionals in the wedding & event planning industry, gaining experience in the areas of planning, design, administration, client interaction, and more. A few years ago, she was inspired to start sketching again. From that experience, Tiffany has been learning and developing her creative design skills once more, both by hand and digitally.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1. When I talk about one of my sisters and people later find out that she’s my twin, they say, “I didn’t know you had a twin!” Or, “You didn’t tell me you were a twin!” I generally don’t think to say that she’s my TWIN sister. I mean, she is my sister, right?
2. I love traveling and getting to experience new things. One of the favorite places that I have visited, is Portugal. It’s also where I met a husband and wife photography time who were the sweetest! I look forward to being able to travel even more.
3. A21 is a non-profit organization whose mission is to end slavery (human trafficking). Since 2016, I have been in support of this organization – donating, fundraising, raising awareness, writing letters to survivors, and participating in the annual Walk for Freedom that takes place all over the world. One day I would like to spend at least 3 months volunteering at A21’s Charlotte, NC location, helping with the aftercare program. #fortheone
4. My “happy place” is the beach (or near water), a porch with a rocking chair and a swing. I love this because it is soothing for me.
5. I’m not a “singer” but I got a song for that. I randomly start singing, whether in my head or out loud. I’m so glad that I have my twin sister (ha!) and some friends who are the same way. We have a great time.
Lisa coordinates NAPCP social media efforts and shares the great things happening in our organization. She enjoys being behind the scenes, always ready to promote and uplift our members.
After years as a marketing professional for tech start-ups and the financial world, Lisa made the creative jump to start her own photography business in 2007. She still loves all things marketing, especially in beautiful visual form. Working with NAPCP blends her two great passions of superb social media messages, and professional child and family photography.
In her free time, Lisa volunteers in her local community, plays as much tennis as possible, and navigates the world of raising teenagers.
5 Fun Facts About Me:
1. My caramel labradoodle, Laynie, became a part of our family in 2017 and I am officially a crazy dog person that may – at any moment – gush about my love for Laynie. Want to see her picture?
2. This random fact is hard to explain, but my immediate family have connections to Elvis Presley (including names, anniversaries and birth dates). You can ask me about it!
3. I have a marketing degree from Auburn University and my family roots for the Tigers! Fall weekends are planned around college football game days.
4. I enjoy cards, dominoes, and word games. My favorite family memories involve long hours of card games. I would rather not play board games like Monopoly – ever.
5. Perfect dinner: popcorn, chardonnay, and a Will Ferrell movie.