23 Sep Featured Charter Member: Kara May
We took some time to interview our Charter Member Kara May and ask her a few personal questions, and love the insight she provided!
NAPCP: Where is your business located and how long have you been a professional photographer?
Kara May: My business is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. I’ve been in business for 12 years.
N: What is your favorite way to print or display your personal images?
KM: Although I love canvases and had a canvas gallery wall in my house in South Carolina (13+ canvases ranging from 11×14 to 30×40), I get bored quickly of what’s on my walls. So I’ve opted to make large prints that can be framed so I can easily change them out on a whim. I print large images on white Styrene and add them to a gallery wall in my house.
N: Give a shout-out to your favorite blog, website, or social media personality.
KM: Is this bad? I don’t have one. I drool over Pinterest, design magazines, music and textures so I seek to fulfill my creative juices there.
N: Tell us your five favorite things
KM: Hmmm… 5 favorite things in life?
1. My family – I wouldn’t be who I am today without them. They are are my everything.
2. My camera – without it I wouldn’t be able to capture the world that I see all around me and share them with others.
3. Autumn – Anyone who knows me well, knows that I become a kid again when fall arrives. The colors, the smells, the crisp weather, the overall vibe during the fall season gives me butterflies.
4. Working out – it’s such a huge release for me. I feel better physically and emotionally after a hard workout.
5. Decorating – I’m a little obsessed and want to redo every room in our house. My husband can’t wait until I’m done. My response, ‘We’ll never be done, there’s always something to change, add to or redo’. I don’t think that’s what he wanted to hear.
N: Why do you love NAPCP?
KM: I love that NAPCP represents community, support and a high level of talent. It’s essential in this business to have support and to be pushed. NAPCP embraces camaraderie, growth and business excellence in a positive environment.
Thank you Kara May for 5 wonderful years alongside NAPCP! Be sure to follow Kara’s stunning work on her website, Facebook, and Instagram!