02 Apr Easter Egg Silhouette DIY, and Free Printable!, with Alice Park
Today we have a special treat for you! A beautiful DIY from NAPCP Founder & Creative Director, Alice Park, of Alice Park Photography. Follow the simple steps below to create your own exquisite silhouette Easter eggs.
You Will Need:
Wooden eggs (or real ones!)
Scissors or an X-Acto
1 tube white craft paint
Several tubes of your favorite craft paint colors
Printed silhouette of your child (Make sure you’ve sized it to fit on the egg –- about 1 and 1/4″ tall!)
Alice’s free printable silhouette sheet
1. First, cover a small area of each egg with white paint. Make sure the white area will be larger than your silhouette! This will be what shows through at the end. You may need a few coats.
2. While your paint is drying, gather your silhouettes. You can use a photo of your own child, or download my free printable!
3. Cut out a square of contact paper, and lay it over the silhouettes, clear side up. Trace the outline of each silhouette with a non-smudgy marker.
4. Then, carefully cut out each silhouette.
5. Peel off the backing of the contact paper and press it onto the white surface of your egg. You may need to use your palm to apply pressure.
6. Time for colors! Select your desired color and sweep the paint from the center of the silhouette outward –- this will ensure that you have nice, clean edges.
7. Finish covering the egg in paint, and repeat steps 5 and 6 on the rest of the eggs.
8. Give your eggs a good amount of time to dry, then use the tip of your X-Acto blade to lift the silhouette off of the egg. Slowly and carefully peel, and use the blade to cut any stray paint.
9. Voila! You have gorgeous silhouettes for this year’s decor! One great idea would be to take an updated silhouette photo of your child every year and start a collection.
Hope to see all of your Easter egg silhouettes!
Thank you, Alice, for the lovely tutorial! Looking for more DIY posts from Alice? Here is a darling Easter bunting project. Visit her website, Like her Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter for more fabulous content.
Click here to see more free printables or visit the NAPCP store at www.napcp.com/shop!