04 May NAPCP Announces Photographer of The Year: 2014!
The National Association of Professional Child Photographers (NAPCP) is thrilled to announce its 2014 Child Photographer of the Year, Jennifer Kapala of Jennifer Kapala Photography. A winning image from Jennifer was featured on an electronic billboard in New York City’s famed Times Square.
In addition to being one of the highest recipients of wins and medallions in the NAPCP Image Competitions, Jennifer is awarded as our Photographer of the Year for the following:
· NAPCP community involvement
· Professional Integrity
· Overall representation of the organization
· Consistently producing technically strong, breathtaking work
· Displaying a creative and unique vision that inspires other NAPCP members
With interest and participation growing each year, this latest NAPCP competition attracted images across a range of category subjects, including maternity, newborn, baby, child, sibling, tween, seniors and family. A panel of photography experts and luminaries critiqued the thousands of image submissions for impact, technical merit, composition and creativity. “Each year, we are blown away with the amount of dedication and talent of our child photographer community; their creativity paired with passion for the arts is truly evident in their submissions,” said Alice Park, co-founder and president, NAPCP. “It is our great honor to congratulate Jennifer Kapala as the 2014 Photographer of the Year, as well as the other winners for sharing their stunning photographs and artistic ability, which lends inspiration and joy to families and loved ones around the world.”
The biannual NAPCP Image Competitions reward its winners with medallions, priority listing on the NAPCP directory, vendor endorsements, and membership points.
We have worked closely with our vendor partners to create an incredible prize package for the 2014 Photographer of the Year. Not only will the winner of this prestigious title be rewarded with Lifetime Membership to NAPCP, tons of press and social media coverage, and an exclusive Seal of Distinction; but they will also receive over $3,000 in prizes from our vendor partners.
The full prize package includes:
• Lifetime Membership to NAPCP
• Winning Image displayed in New York Times Square
• Official Press Release to hundreds of media outlets
• Featured in all NAPCP publications and social media
• Prestigious Winning Seal of Distinction
• More than $3,000 in prizes from our Premier Sponsors
• Triple Scoop Music – $1,000 song license credit
• Artsy Couture – $500 product credit
• ProDPI – $500 product credit
• Artifact Uprising – $500 product credit
• Totally Rad – Product Bundle including RadLab, ProRetouch 2.0, and both sets of Replichrome
• Mozi Magazine – Magazine Feature on Photographer of the Year, Print copy of feature issue, plus one year digital subscription
• Maycomb Mercantile – Scout Classic Leather Tote Bag
• Organic Bloom – 16×20 Frame
• Fotostrap – Monogrammed Foto Strap of choice
• Think Tank Photo – Airport Navigator Rolling Bag
News of Jennifer Kapala being named NAPCP’s 2014 Child Photographer of the Year and of the winners of the seventh annual Image Competition was released a few days ago over hundreds of different news and media outlets around the world.
Included in the Press Release was a highlighted feature on an electronic billboard in New York’s Times Square.
Congratulations to Jennifer and all of the winners on their fantastic accomplishment!