9 Elegant DIY Halloween Decor Projects for the Season
Halloween decor has been around for centuries, but finding on trend decor projects that won’t make you run from fright can be difficult. Here’s what’s cool in Halloween decor this year. (We’re loving metallic hues, and simple black silhouettes!) Pause and admire these chic DIY decorations, then show us your own!
Clockwise, from top left:
1. Metallic pumpkins. No-carve pumpkins are ‘in’. Dress yours up with metallic paint, as shown in Real Simple.
2. ‘Blood’ dipped candlesticks. Martha Stewart is the queen of kitsch-free Halloween. Creepy yet elegant, these towering tapers are sure to spook.
3. Sparkly fall leaves. Fabulous as a mantle centerpiece, or cocktail party decor. But beeeeeewaaaaaare, if you’re scared of glitter!
4. Pumpkin vase. After hollowing out your pumpkin, place your fall floral arrangement in an appropriately sized vase, and display. Fashionable pumpkin carving.
5. Candy display. Emily Schuman, of Cupcakes & Cashmere, shows us how to show off our sweet treats the right way. Apothecary jars look streamlined, while simple white candle pillars lend the cart a haunted touch.
6. Paper bat colony. A fun project to do with your children … Cut out bat shapes from black construction paper and fix to ceilings, door frames, and walls, to create a spooky sight!
7. Cheesecloth ghosts cake topper. Quick, easy, and inexpensive. We won’t tell if you grab a store-bought cake to display your homemade ghosts!
8. Printable Halloween book wraps. May we suggest a volume of Poe, or your favorite Harry Potter?
9. Decoupaged pumpkins. Metallic beauties adorned with encyclopedic creepy-crawlies, from At the Picket Fence, are so pretty, you won’t want to put them away come November!
napcp contributor meet Katie Mitchell
About the Contributor: Katie, our Editorial Manager, is our wordsmith and communications extraordinaire! After college and graduate school, she worked in the nonprofit world, and briefly in politics. She realized she'd be quickly burned out, and started writing for various lifestyle websites. Before landing at NAPCP, Katie shot product photography for Etsy shops and other small business owners. Katie also works with Pinterest, as a member of their Pinfluencer team. She is passionate about making the world a happier, more beautiful place! Katie lives for her husband and two children, updating their totally 90's home, and finding joy in the small things. Even washing dishes.
10 Tricks to Homeschooling, from a Photographer Mom!Hi! I’m Jennie, and I have been homeschooling since 2015. Not long, I know! I wanted to share some tricks, or things I have found to work, for working from home combined with homeschooling. 1. Find a tutorial, if possible. My boys go to a homeschool Montessori tutorial two days a week from 9-2. This […]
July Inspired Magazine: Featuring Ute-Christin Cowan!Click here to read our July magazine featuring Ute-Christin Cowan! Don’t forget, Inspired is now printable! Print your copy straight from MagCloud, and share your favorite pieces with friends, family and clients. Save Save Save
Peach Blossom Session with a Family of FourInspiration: The inspiration for this client session was the peach blossoms; each spring they turn a pastel pink and only last for about a week. I’ve been photographing them for the past 4 years and every year it is a little bit of a guessing game with Mother Nature, to schedule the session at just […]
The 2017 Second Half Image Competition is HereSince its inception in 2009, NAPCP has created a collaborative community that educates and inspires child photographers. Our success lies ultimately in the success of our members, whom we greatly value. As you prepare your images for submission into the Second Half 2017 International Image Competition, be sure to carefully read the Competition Rules & […]
We are so delighted that you are here. The National Association of Professional Child Photographers is an association whose mission is to promote and support the artistry and integrity of professional child photographers. To accomplish this mission, NAPCP provides the most comprehensive resources for its members, bringing together a community of passionate artists committed to growth in their skills, their artistry, and their businesses.
NAPCP.com (formally pronounced "NAP-C-P") is a place where professional child photographers can come and connect, learn, teach, aspire and grow. It is also a valuable resource for parents who are looking for a professional child photographer in their area, and want to be inspired and educated about our specialized industry.
July Inspired Magazine: Featuring Ute-Christin Cowan!
Click here to read our July magazine featuring Ute-Christin Cowan! Don’t forget, Inspired is now printable! Print your copy straight from MagCloud, and share your favorite pieces with friends, family and clients. Save Save Save
June Inspired Magazine: Featuring the First Half 2017 Image Competition Winners!
Click here to read our June magazine featuring the winners of our First Half 2017 Image Competition as well as the 25 semifinalists for the 2017 Best New Emerging Child Photographer Contest! Don’t forget, Inspired is now printable! Print your copy straight from MagCloud, and share your favorite pieces with friends, family and clients. […]
Summer Birthday Pack: Printables, DIYs and so much more!
Summer is officially upon us folks! Time to soak up some sun, enjoy the longer days and hunker down for the wave of birthday invites to soon flood your inbox. But fear not! If you have been tasked with planning an epic summer fling, it just so happens that we have an equally epic birthday kit perfect for […]
May Inspired Magazine: Featuring the Inspired Gallery Event Winners!
Click here to read our May magazine featuring the winners of our Inspired Gallery Event! Don’t forget, Inspired is now printable! Print your copy straight from MagCloud, and share your favorite pieces with friends, family and clients. Save Save
The National Association of Professional Child Photographers is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com