27 Aug Happy Fridays: Delicious No Cook Recipes!
Even though school is back in full swing, summer isn’t quite over. There are still plenty of nice warm weekends to entertain and see friends and family! And with Labor Day right around the corner, I have assembled a list of quick and easy recipes to whip up for any special occasion. Even the pickiest eater can’t resist some of these 🙂
Salads and snacks can sometimes make up the majority of s festive spread, so you want yours to stand out!
My favorite recipe is for the Zucchini and Chicken Salad (bottom left):
Prep Time: 30min
Total Time: 30min
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/4 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1) In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken.
2) In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side.
3) Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan, and mint. Serve.
Quick, simple, easy and delicious!
I have to admit this next recipe certainly caught my eye, and my appetitie! Tiramisu Sundaes make an excellent summer treat.
Prep Time: 15min
Total Time: 45min
Ingredients (serves 4):
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups strong espresso, cooled
3 tablespoons brandy (optional)
8 store-bought ladyfingers (about 4 ounces)
1 pint ice cream or gelato
1) Whisk cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form; cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
2) Combine espresso and brandy, if using, in a medium bowl. Break 4 ladyfingers in half; dip into espresso mixture until soaked but not falling apart, several seconds. Arrange two halves in a layer at the bottom of each parfait glass. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers, and top with a scoop of ice cream. Garnish each glass with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings, if desired. Serve immediately.
I hope this helped give you some yummy ideas for your next social get together or even a cozy evening in after a long week. As always I want to thank Martha Stewart for having so many great ideas on her site. Stay tuned for for next weeks Happy Friday post!
ALL PHOTOS COURTESY OF MARTHASTEWART.COM